Monday, April 4, 2011

GoodCause: Bo Parrish for LLS Nashville Man of the Year


Meet Bo Parrish:  Help Him Raise $50,000 in order to help Jack and Tanner go to Bo Parrish's FundGiving Page
I grew up in Bowling Green, KY and graduated from Auburn Universty in 2002.  I started my professional career in Montgomery, AL but quickly moved to Birmingham.  After a short period of time with Colonial Bank, I moved to Nashville in 2003 to work for Morgan Keegan.  I took the required liscensing examinations and became a registered investment advisor in September of 2003.  I spent the first 4 years with Morgan Keegan in the downtown office focusing my financial services practice on other professionals.  In the summer of 2007, I moved into the Burton Hills office of Morgan Keegan.  This move was very beneficial as I was closer to home and much more mobile.  I continued to serve professionals but also added the country music industry as a niche focus.  Life was good and I was doing the only thing I knew how to do as a mid-twenties professional-WORKING!!!
In the fall of 2006, I was introduced to the LLS program Team in Training.  A very close childhood friend was suffering with Leukemia at the time so I decided to raise money in his honor.  This experience also led me to meet my wife, Team in Training coach, Mari-etta Mahaffey.  So much good came from that experience and I am happy to report that my childhood friend is cancer-free!
In the summer of 2007, I discovered that another close friend of mine had been diagnosed with leukemia.  Unfortunately, it was the same type of leukemia that my childhood friend from Bowling Green had suffered from.  I was able to connect my two friends along with their respective support groups.  I stood by as a means of support as I watched my friend in Nashville suffer and waste away from the radiation and chemotherapy.  This dear friend of mine lost his battle with cancer and it absolutely rocked my world.  It was at this time that I further committed myself to fighting this disease in any way that might present itself.
I had such a positive experience with my first interaction with Team in Training, that just 2 months ago, I accepted a nomination from the 2010 winner to run as a 2011 Man of the Year candidate.  I have plenty of motivation and endless drive to accomplish an aggressive goal of raising $50,000.  I have a period of 9 weeks to raise the money so that we may have an independent research grant awarded with naming rights in honor of all those that have suffered from this terrible disease.  Please join me in my quest as I battle this monster in the form of raising money.  There are far too many stories of those who have experienced leukemia and lymphoma-far too many for me to just accept.  I am very fortunate not to have felt this pain myself but I feel closer to this cause than is necessary to want to set an aggressive fundraising goal and surpass it.
For the Cure,
Bo Parrish

No comments:

Post a Comment